After reinstalling Skyrim and the Creation Kit twice, I suddenly realized what changed. I upgraded to Windows 10. Now if you know me, you know that I am an avid supporter of Linux and only use Windows for compatibility if I absolutely cannot get software to run under Linux (which is very rare). Anyways, i figure that it is the doing of evil Microsoft so I am trying everything I can to fix this issue. I will be posting my success and failures in hopes that it will help others.
Try # 1
I tried running the Creation Kit in Windows 7 compatibility.
Try # 2
I tried running the creation kit as an administrator.
Try # 3
After a little bit of searching, I found that a denizen of the Nexus Forums that goes by the name mysticentity had suggested setting bEnableAudio to 0 instead of 1.
I found the fix here:
Creation Kit Fix
It seems to be working so far…
Creation Kit has been running for 2 hours now and no hiccups!
Here’s what to do to fix it! In under the [Audio] section in SkyrimEditor.ini set bEnableAudio=0. That’s it! Hope this helps someone else!
Now, back to modding!